POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photon Troubles - Success! : Photon Troubles - Success! Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Troubles - Success!
From: David Cook
Date: 27 Apr 2000 11:16:51
Message: <390859e3@news.povray.org>
Thanks to Ken's tip, I have successfully transitioned to MegaPatch photons.
Here's the scene I wanted to convert, which started my troubles. I wound up
cranking the photon count up to 2000000 to get it right. Nothing innovative,
but I've enjoyed it as my desktop wallpaper (is that an oxymoron?) for some
time now and wanted to keep the code up to date. You'll note the caustics
are quite intense - I used to fry bugs with a magnifying glass when I was a
kid :)...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'PhotonSucess.JPG' (22 KB)